Toasted Spelt Tagliatelle
1 tsp sea salt
500 grams “00” flour
250 grams toasted spelt flour
100 grams semolina
9 each egg yolks
3 each whole eggs
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup water
1. Place salt, flours, and semolina in a bowl and mix well. Turn out onto a flat surface and make a well in the center.
2. Add egg yolks, eggs, olive oil, and water in a bowl and mix well.
3. Add wet ingredients into the center of the well and begin pulling the dry ingredients into the wet with a fork.
4. Once the dough begins to form a solid mass, begin to knead the dough by hand, pulling up all the residual flour on the board. Knead for 10 minutes, cover with plastic wrap, and let rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
5. Cut the ball of dough into 4 with a knife and roll out to a number 1.5 on your pasta machine.
6. Cut the sheets of dough into 10-inch-long sheets.
7. Attach the tagliatelle cutter to the pasta machine and feed the dough through. Dust with semolina and store in freezer until ready to use.
WILD BOAR RAGU
Yields 3 pounds